Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Guest Post & New Release ~ The Duke's Quandary by Callie Hutton ~ Entangled Publishing 'Scandalous' Author


 
 
She’ll never belong in his world, but he cannot resist her.
 
 
http://www.entangledpublishing.com/
 
 
Today I welcome to the Historical Hearts blog, Entangled ‘Scandalous’ author Callie Hutton! Welcome, Callie, we’re very excited to have you here. Can you tell us a little about yourself and where you’re from.
 
Hi Ladies, Thank you so much for having me today. I’m excited to be here for the release of The Duke’s Quandary. I live in the great state of Oklahoma, but I’m really a Jersey girl. Born and raised in the Garden State, I moved to Oklahoma six years ago, and am very happy with my decision. Hubby and I lived in a number of states in our early married life, but spent the 22 years before moving to OK in New Jersey where our families live. Raised our two children there. My son and DIL have lived with us for the past two years, but since they are now expecting twins (eek!) they just moved into their own place. That leaves daughter left at home, who is a student at OSU-OKC. We also have 2 rescue dogs.
 
You’re here to celebrate the release of your upcoming novel, The Duke’s Quandary. Can you tell us a little about the book and what readers should expect from the second book in your ‘Marriage Mart Mayhem’ series?
 
The Duke’s Quandary is the story of Drake, Marquis of Strafford, Jason’s best friend from The Elusive Wife. Drake is now Duke of Manchester, and is searching for the ‘perfect’ wife for his duchess. Unfortunately, he is attracted to Penelope Clayton, a somewhat socially inept botanist who is his family’s guest for the Season. And nowhere near his idea of ‘perfect.’
 
Readers of The Elusive Wife will see a brief appearance by Lord and Lady Coventry, and Drake’s sister, Abigail (who has her own story coming out in October).
 
The first book in your ‘Marriage Mart Mayhem’ series, The Elusive Wife was a refreshing take on a Regency romance. Can you share with us any delicious tidbit on how your heroine will torment, er I mean, entice her future husband in The Duke’s Quandary?
 
Oh, dear. Penelope tortures her future husband just by being Penelope. She is a tad on the clumsy side, and scares him to death when he sees catastrophe coming that no one else notices. He does a lot of neck stretching, cravat tugging, and sweating whenever he’s around her. But he also does a great deal of lusting, too. Hence the ‘torture.’
 
I'm so excited to read this!! I'm so glad it's out today. How long did it take you to write The Duke’s Quandary? Also you mentioned above that there is a possible third book to the 'Marriage Mart Mayhem' series. Can you give us a little insight into this story and any more that you have planned?
 
From beginning to end The Duke’s Quandary took about four months to be written, but I spent a lot of time working with my editor on it while I wrote the next book in the series. That book, #3, will be Abigail’s story (The Lady’s Disgrace) due in October, then The Baron’s Homecoming (Marion’s story) due in December. The last three sisters, twins Sybil and Sarah, and the youngest, Mary, will make their appearances in 2015. Two of the sisters will travel to Scotland for their romances.
 
Can you list five things your readers may not know about you?1 I have three adopted children.
2 I once played an extra in a Bette Midler movie
3 I interviewed Peter Lawford for a woman’s magazine. (very classy)
4 I’ve lived in 7 states
5 I gave the commencement speech at my college graduation (I was 57 years old at the time – late bloomer).
 
Here's the blurb to The Duke's Quandary to wet your appetite.
 
London 1814...

Drake, Duke of Manchester is searching the Marriage Mart for a perfect bride. He wants a woman who is poised, sophisticated, and worthy of the title Duchess. But most of all, he wants a woman who does not want the useless emotion of love.
 
Socially awkward Miss Penelope Clayton isn't meant for marriage. A serious botanist, she has no desire to wed, so being forced by her guardian to participate in the Season to find a husband is torture. She'll never fit in with the ton, especially if they discover she's been pretending to be a man within the scientific community.
 
As Drake's family makes over Penelope, turning her from naive bluestocking to enchanting debutante, he is put upon to introduce her to society and eligible bachelors. Despite dance lessons and new gowns, Penelope is the opposite of poised and sophisticated as she stumbles from one mishap to the next. Why then, does he find it so hard to resist her?
 
 
You can buy The Duke's Quandary from these online stores.

Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Kobo
 
Callie has been kind enough to include a giveaway today! One lucky guest will win an autographed copy of The Elusive Wife to a US commenter, or an e-book to an international commenter. If the winner has already read the The Elusive Wife, she will offer another of her books.
 
Thanks so much for joining us today, Callie. I for one cannot wait to read The Duke's Quandary as I adored The Elusive Wife. Good luck with the release, I have a feeling this book will do fabulously well.
 
 
Bio: Callie Hutton always knew those stories she made up in her head would be written down one day. There was nowhere else for them to go. After years of writing articles and interviews for magazines and company newsletters, she decided to tackle writing a book. That was back in 2010. Now with twelve books under her belt, and seven more contracted, the relief at having somewhere to tell those stories is wonderful. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband, adult children and three dogs.
 
 
You can keep up with Callie's future book releases and writing news at the following social media sites.
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Callie said...

Hi Tamara. Thanks so much for having me here today. I'm looking forward to having some fun.

Christina Phillips said...

Congratulations on the release of THE DUKE'S QUANDARY, Callie!I love unconventional heroines :-)

And how exciting you were an extra in a Bette Midler movie! Can you share which movie that was :-)

Callie said...

Hi Christina, Thanks for the best wishes. It was a not-well-known movie called "Jinxed"

Sandra Owens said...

Congratulations on your book release, Callie. Love the excerpt.

Linda said...

Congrats on the release of The Duke's Quandary. I love that the heroine is a botanist, intelligent heroines are my fav.

Deborah O'Neill Cordes said...

Congratulations on your new novel, Callie. I love the fact that your heroine is a botanist - and pretending to be a man in England's scientific circles. I can't wait to read TDQ. Much continued success!

HJ said...

Congrats on TDQ Callie!

Tamara Gill said...

Hi Callie! Thank you for being our guest!! I bought the book last night and can't wait to start it. It sound fabulous! Congrats!!

Callie said...

Thanks to all of you, ladies. It's been crazy keeping up with all the places I'm on today. I appreciste your support and you stopping by. Love y'all.

julie whitman said...

Congrats,I just bought the book and cant wait to start reading it!

bn100 said...

This sounds interesting

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

RT Wolfe said...

I can't wait to dive into this one, Callie!
-R.T. Wolfe