Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

HH Review - Beauty and the Spymaster by Moriah Densley



Title: Beauty and the Spymaster
Author: Moriah Densley
Publisher: esKape Press
Language: English






As a fanatical Historical Romance reader, I like to know who and what the characters are about, pretty close to the beginning of the story. For me, this was a slow reveal. Much of the past and what was taking place in the story didn't make sense to me at first. I've since learned that perhaps I should have read some previous novels before hand.

The hero Julian Grey is caring warm and everything a hero should be. I love that he is masquerading as a vicar, while hiding so much more.

To me, Helena Duncombe was an enigma at first, none of her past made sense, till further into the book. Once I got to know her, I did find her character a warm, witty delight.

The fight and action scenes are very well written and Ms Densley has a knack for taking us on a wild ride. From carriage accidents, to domestic violence, to exquisite scenes in a Parisian Ballroom, I felt I was really there.

I would have enjoyed a romantic tryst early in the story, between the two main characters but alas it didn't happen.

In my opinion (only), I felt the story was a little disjointed as the main female character was a woman with a grown daughter, and I got the feeling I was supposed to already know about Sophia and her relationship to the story.


Countess Esterhazy

No comments: